1829 re-working and extension of earlier church,
incorporating N aisle of 1677; partial remains of diamond
patterned band course of 12th century, running on W and N
elevations with large squared masonry. Squared and coursed
rubble with base course to 1829 work; snecked rubble to
vestry chancel with harled E gable.
W GABLE: piend roofed porch at centre with window, and
studded timber door in doorway on S return; wrought-iron
jougs set to right of porchway; segmentally arched window in
gable head with blocked former window below to left; gabled
bellcote with arched opening at apex.
S ELEVATION: 4 hoodmoulded, pointed arch windows with
small-pane and intersecting glazing pattern to sash and case
form; remaining ironwork brackets of former shutters
flanking. Square sundial in white stone, inscribed 'GEORGE FA
FECIT ANNO 1633'.
N AISLE: 1677; gabled projection at centre with 12-pane
window in upper part, and at ground to E and W with 6-pane
windows below eaves; blocked window on nave to W.
VESTRY: gabled projection from main E gable with stone
mullioned bipartite, louvred lights; 2 doorways on S return,
with window above left door.
Ashlar coped skews and slate roofs.
INTERIOR: regretfully stripped and redecorated in recent
years, leaving inappropriately pointed rubble walls and given
a light coloured timber coomb ceiling; oak altar of 1912 and
modern pine seating and pulpit. Door into vestry through
curtain reredos; modern stained glass window in gable above.
GRAVEYARD: Walls and gateway: rubble walls and decorative
cast-iron piers to arrowhead gates.
MAUSOLEA: 2 simple curtain wall ashlar family mausolea to E
of graveyard, in grey and red stone.
Gravestones: some fine gravestones of early dates, with
classical details and memento mori.