William Burn, architect; 1825. Originally 4 ranges of
buildings around square courtyard with farmhouse adjoining
to S. Westermost steading range demolished, but otherwise
little altered externally. STEADING: all stugged ashlar
with droved and broached dressings, piended slate roofs.
N range: 2 storey near symmetrical courtyard elevation,
10-bay with central pediment clock face to tympanum,
birdcage bellcote to apex. Stabling to outer bays, 4 cart
arches to centre. Stables have cast-iron columns to stalls.
Loft above with regular rectangular windows preserving
original glazing arrangement ie 3-pane glazed to sash,
timber sliding ventilator grille to lower part.
E range: 2-storey 7-bay with wide opposing doors to N end;
possibly threshing barn. Most internal divisions now
(1989) removed. Mostly unaltered openings.
S range: single storey, 8-bay, with stack to W. Possibly
dairy, calf-houses, feed stores etc. Widened opening to E,
E half of roof now corrugated sheet metal.
FARMHOUSE: adjoining to S range by passage. L-plan 2-storey
gabled farmhouse with narrow lean-to porch to SW re-entrant
supported by single Doric column. Gabled ends with canted
bay windows to ground. Otherwise single light windows,
hood moulded to ground. All modern plate glass glazing.
Flat roofed dormer over porch. End coped skews with skew
blocks, tall diamond stacks remain only to N. Slate roofs.