3 separate buildings. No 1 Mill circa 1844, No 2 mill circa
1865, Mill office block 1865.
NO 1 MILL: 5 storeys with later brick 6th floor. 6 x 4 bays.
All windows small, margined casements mainly with 6-pane
glazing. No 1 Mill joined to No 2 by gangways at each floor.
NO 2 MILL: 5 storeys. Polychromatic brick with some ashlar
dressings. Elliptically arched ground floor loading bay with
ashlar imposts. Ovoid plan oriented from N to S squared at NE
and corbelled out. Giant basket arches on slim pilasters, 5
storeys, 6 x 3 bays rising from 1st to 4th floor, arched.
Eaves cornice of header bricks. Slated, pitched-roof
Southern return plain with rendered pediment.
2-storey, 3-bay office building with set-back single bay to
E. Painted brick. Consoled, corniced doorpiece. Ground floor
windows 2-light with some mullions, ashlar hood-moulds. 1st
floor, single-light windows with hood moulds, imitation
painted hood in northmost bay.
INTERIOR: wooden floors carried on cast-iron columns.
Cast-iron fittings and spiral chutes survive.