Circa 1864-65. 3-storey and basement classical terrace
block with raised and advanced central and end sections.
Pavilions raised 1 storey. 52 bays arranged 3-18-10-18-3.
Painted ashlar, channelled at ground floor. Rear elevation
squared stone. 3-bay end sections with canted bays rising
through 3 storeys and flat tripartites above; ground floor
cornice, 2nd floor mutule cornice; central bay with lugged
architraved entrance; consoled window above, 2nd floor
lugged architraved window with corbelled cill.
LOWER 46 BAYS: coupled entrances with architraves and
mutule cornice. 1st floor windows with dropped to cill
band, ramped architraved and corniced, consoled and
corniced in 10-bay raised central section; 2nd floor
windows corbelled cills in central section. Eaves cornice.
Continuous parapet with piers, (removed to Granville
Street). Ridge stacks, gable stacks. Slate roof.
ELEVATION TO ELDERSLIE STREET: 4 storeys, 5 bays, 1st bay
from N blind. Basement band course. Entrance with ramped,
lugged architraves, corniced. Windows corniced at 1st
floor; corbelled cills at 2nd floor. 3rd floor cill band.
Mainly 12-pane glazing. 2 corniced wallhead stacks,
ELEVATION TO GRANVILLE STREET: repeats Elderslie Street
elevation without parapet or stacks.
INTERIORS: include vestibules with consoled arches and
Nos 6, 7 columned and pilastered top-lit commercial hall
at rear of ground floor.
Cast-iron railings to front area, some modern; low
retaining wall to N of original private access road.