John B Wilson, 1906-08 (dated 1907). 3-storey basement and
attic. Baroque corner block returning to Elmbank Street; 3 x
5 bays, 4 additional bays. Pilastered above ground floor, in
Elmbank Crescent with projecting Ionic doorpiece, shaped open
pediment. Ashlar, channelled at ground floor.
ELMBANK STREET ELEVATION: projecting, wide centre bay with
giant Ionic columns and pilasters, in antis above ground
floor, bracketted balcony and open, segmental pediment with
consoled pedestal behind, 1st floor window pedimented. Outer
bays 1st and 2nd floors with central giant pilaster and half
outer pilasters, moulded panels below architraved windows,
1st floor windows keyblocked. Wide, pedimented gable to Elmbank Crescent, central bay recessed with engaged Ionic columns in
angles and central oriel, segmentally pedimented windows in
outer bays. Diocletion window in pediment. Sculpted escutcheons. INTERIOR: pilastered entrance hall, sculpted capitals; inlaid
marble floor. Columned stair screen, marble parapet, staircase
with columned landings and screens. Columned room to left of
entrance hall with coffered, corniced ceiling. Domed entrance
hall roof lantern with elaborate plasterwork. Large pilastered
hall on 2nd floor. Further original interior work survives.
Memorial panel in entrance hall to engineers of the Titanic,
sculpted figures over.