Circa 1830. 2-storey and basement, some later attics. Altered
originally symmetrical classical terrace block. Raised 5-bay
end blocks (W pavilion demolished 1988); 4 full storeys at
eastern pavilion (Richmond Chambers 1902). Ashlar and partly
painted; channelled basements. All windows sash and case in
architraves. Some 12-pane glazing, mainly at western pavilion.
Consoled and corniced entries, each at head of flight of steps,
to Bath Street. Eaves cornice; blocking course; slate roof.
ELEVATION TO WEST CAMPBELL STREET: 8 bays; arranged 3-2-1-2-,
3 S bays and 3rd return from N advanced; 1st 2 return bays from
N blind except ground and 1st floor in northmost bay. Consoled
and corniced doorway altered to window. Ground floor cornice;
1st floor windows corniced with dropped architraves. Corniced
wallhead stack. Ridge stack.
ELEVATION TO BATH STREET: ground floor band course. 1st floor
cill band; windows at ground floor corniced: 2nd floor corniced
with dropped architraves.
INTERIOR: Includes Ionic hall screens and corniced vestibules
to Nos 151, 155, 159, 163.
No 144-148 Bath Lane: low 2-storey mews building.