Circa 1860. Long 3-storey astylar classical tenement.
Forming most of a quadrangular street block. Modern
shops to ground floor in Dumbarton Road and partially in
E and W returns. Polished ashlar channelled at ground
floor to E returns. Partly painted. Sash and case
windows in architraves, corniced at 1st, 4, 6 and 12-pane
glazing. Eaves cornice, blocking course. Slate roof.
ELEVATION TO DUMBARTON ROAD: 44 bays, arranged 4-36-4,
end sections advanced, glazed blind in central bays,
blind bays below wallhead stacks in end section,
balustraded parapets. Corniced close entries. Tripartite
windows in outer bays of E end section, 2-light in W end
E RETURN TO FORTROSE STREET: 21 bays, blind windows
below wallhead stacks. Details similar to main front with
addition of cill bands. 3-bay return to Burgh Hall Street
with advanced tripartite E bay; architraved corniced,
central entry; console corniced 1st floor windows in W
RETURN TO PEEL STREET: 8 bays repeating E elevation
detailing. Ground floor altered. 1st floor windows
corniced. Bipartite windows in 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th
bays from S.