R W Billings (elevation) and originally John Baird (Plan)
1854 (1986-7) rebuilt behind facade. Large Baronial
warehouse occupying corner site with 23-bay facade to
Ingram Street and 17-bays to Brunswick Street. 3 storeys
attic and basement. Polished ashlar stonecleaned, stepped
roll-moulded basecourse, all openings roll-moulded.
INGRAM STREET ELEVATION: 2-16-5 bays with end groups of
bays shallow advanced. Pend entrance to extreme left,
deeply bracketted canopied tripartite main entrance to
right, both with shouldered doorways. All other ground
floor openings segmentally arched. To 1st square-headed
windows, to 2nd alternately square-headed or shouldered.
Bays nearest corner have false plate-tracery to 1st and
2nd. All windows sash and case with 2-pane glazing.
Continuous stepped hoodmould to 1st with bosses between
windows. 2nd floor windows grouped under hoodmoulds which
rise into curvilinear or crowstepped gables.
BRUNSWICK STREET ELEVATION: similarly detailed, with
projecting corbelled 2-light oriel to extreme right gable.
Across Ingram Street, square-plan cap-house corbelled
above 3rd floor, saddle-back roof, crowstepped gables.
Slate roofs, some tall square section cans at wallhead.
Rendered blind flank to E.