A B MacDonald, architect of the office of Public Works;
for the City Improvement Trust, 1891-3. Classically
detailed terrace of tenements similar in style to nos 75-95
High Street (see separate entry). 5 storeys, 3 bays to
High Street, 7-bay to Blackfriars Street, asymmetrical
though regularly arranged bays. Polished ashlar
stonecleaned, modern shops to ground.
Pilasters clasp angles, paired at angles and centre to
Blackfriars Street elevation, channelled to 1st, giant
Corinthian to 2nd and 3rd panelled to 4th. To High
Street, giant order engaged columns flank centre bay to
2nd and 3rd. All windows architraved, consoled and
pedimented to 2nd. All Blackfriars Street windows single
light, bipartite to outer bays at High Street. All with
modern pivot glazing, plate glass in 2-pane pattern.
String course over 1st and at 2nd and 3rd cills, cornice
over 3rd and at eaves, to corner bays, die balustraded
parapet. Tall corniced wallhead stacks. Modern tile roof.