Circa 1870. Astylar terrace of 2-bay houses stepped down
slope, (No 10, 3-bay). Shallow advanced 4 and 5 bay terminal
pavilions. Polished ashlar, v-channelled at ground, partly
stonecleaned. 3 storeys and basement.
Each 2-bay elevation; to right steps oversailing basement to
tripartite doorway, architraved and corniced with blocking
course, glazed sidelights and double-leaf door. Above, single
light architraved and corniced window. To left, canted
2-storey window rises from basement, bracketted cornice and
parapet. 2nd floor windows with pilastered reveals,
tripartite above canted window. Sash windows, plate glass
glazing. Continuous cornice over ground linking doorway and
canted windows; string course at 2nd floor cills. Bracketted
main cornice, blocking course. Slate roofs, axial stacks.
No 10 adjoins Bowmont Gardens at W with 3-bay elevation
detailed as above with additional curved bay to right;
tripartite windows to ground and 1st floors. That at 1st
architraved and with elaborate consoles supporting pediment
with thistle motif in tympanum.
Cast-iron railings to steps and basement.