Probably James Thomson, architect; circa 1880-90. Astylar
terrace of 10 2-bay houses; 3 storeys, attics and basement.
(No 10 entered at W flank of terrace); terminal 2 bays
slightly taller act as pavilions with consoled mutule
cornice. Polished ashlar, channelled at ground.
To right, steps oversailing basement to tripartite doorpieces
with glazed sidelights and fanlight (penultimate doorpiece).
Above doors, architraved windows. To left; canted window
rises from basement to 1st floor. 2nd floor windows
architraved and regularly placed across whole terrace. Sash
windows plate glass glazing. Continuous band course over
ground; (cill band at 2nd floor of pavilions), eaves course;
plain main cornice (mutule at pavilions). Tall corniced axial
stacks, slate roofs.
Flank to No 1; polished ashlar asymmetrical flank to Lorraine
Road, similarly detailed. Flank to W, No 10; 3-bay elevation
detailed as main terrace.
Rear elevations coursed droved ashlar. Good leaded glass
vestibule doors to Nos 8 and 9.
Cast-iron railings to steps and basement, 3 pairs of tall
square ashlar gatepiers with chamfered arrises and ball
finial to carriageway arranged opposite Nos 1, 9 and 10.