Circa 1874. Astylar terrace of 10x2-bay houses; truncated at
W. 2 storeys, attics and basement. Polished ashlar,
stonecleaned; some doorpieces painted.
Each 2-bay elevation: to right, steps oversailing basement to architraved, consoled and corniced doorways; double-leaf
panelled storm doors. Single light architraved window above
door. To left, 2-storey canted window rises from basement;
corniced over each floor with blocking course at 1st. Sash
windows, plate glass glazing. Band course at eaves, plain
cornice. Architraved dormers with pilasters supporting arched
pediment inset into deep panel parapet, with surviving
terminal die pedestal at No 66. Mostly 4-pane glazing to
dormers. Cornice axial stacks; mostly octagonal cans slate
roofs. Plain cast-iron railings to steps and basement; absent
at No 82.
Flank to Hyndland Street: 3-bay; all windows single light
with architraves. Main cornice with deep parapet and two
Rear elevation stugged ashlar with alternately 2-storey
canted windows, or tripartite windows at ground and 1st;
bipartite windows to attics.
Vestibule doors tripartite with glazed sidelights and
fanlight, some with acid etched glass eg 78.