James Miller, architect, 1904-5. W aisle circa 1922. English perpendicular style church with flamboyant tracery. Stugged
and snecked ashlar with polished margins and quoins. Church
orientated S-N (alter at N). 5-bay nave; tower at SE.
Main S elevation buttressed and gabled; aisle and nave
attached to tower by buttresses. At ground of nave, 3
bipartite lights; above, large 4-centred arched window with
hood moulded and panel tracery.
To left, buttressed gable to aisle with pointed arch
doorway and traceried window above.
To right short square bell tower with angle buttresses
rising in 2 stages; hood mould door to base; at upper stage
traceried louvred openings, deep crenellated parapet
with pinnacles at angles.
5-bay nave with buttresses flanking bipartite traceried lights
set in square headed roll-moulded panels.
To N; large hall and offices built circa 1922 and extended
1956. Brick hall with single storey rendered wing to rear.
Church surrounded by low coped stugged ashlar wall supporting
low modern cast-iron railings.
INTERIOR: 5-bay W aisle separated from nave by pointed arch
arcade supported on clustered columns. Gallery to S entered
from stair at E end of aisle. Gallery front panelled;
pews of pine. Oak carved communion table and pulpit. Organ
in reredos. Chancel floor level raised slightly circa 1979.
Stained glass to N gable large 3-light window artificially
lit (hall encloses N gable) with small "Burning Bush" window
at apex. Hammerbeam roof.