Built circa 1852. Long astylar terrace with 4-bay return
elevation to Great Western Road. "Crescent" not curved
but straight-sided terrace ranged round polygonal
garden. 2 storeys, attics and basement; 3 storey
pavilions at nos 2, 10, 11, 15-22, 26, 27 and 28.
Polished ashlar, channelled at ground, droved at
basement, mainly painted or stonecleaned. 3 bays per
house. Steps oversailing basements to architraved
consoled and corniced doorpieces with fanlights. 1st
floor windows architraved sash windows; plate glass or 6
or 9-pane glazing. Band course at 1st floor cills and
eaves. Eaves cornice; pierced roof balustrade. 3-storey
pavilions (and No 386 Great Western Road) steps
oversailing basement to door-pieces: main door ramped,
lugged and corniced. Close doors with Roman-Doric
pilastered doorpieces with full entablature of triglyphs
metopes and guttae. Both with 3-pane fanlights. All
upper windows architraved; corncied and aproned at 1st
floor. Sash windows, mostly 4 or 8-pane glazing pattern.
Band course over ground and at eaves. Eaves cornice
and blocking course. All with axial and end stacks;
slate roofs. Cast-iron railings to steps and basement.
Interior: good plaster coffered ceiling to vestibule;
cornice and rose plaster ceilings. Cast-iron balusters