Circa 1900. 2-storey and attic gabled villa, formed of
smaller (NW) and larger (SE) interlocking squares.
Harled with droved pink ashlar dressings and margins;
S (MAIN ENTRANCE) ELEVATION: wide segmental archway
off-centre to left with recessed doorway and panelled
door; single window to left with tripartite to right
incorporating chamfered angle of polygonal tower. Eaves
swept down to ground floor at right of left gabled bay.
Multi-light window encircles tower to 1st floor of tower;
moulded eaves cornice, polygonal roof and finial. Canted
window at ground to outer right with leaded half dome roof.
E ELEVATION: full-height canted bay to right, breaking
eaves with slate hanging between floors, piend roof and
finial. Recessed gabled bay to right with irregular
W ELEVATION: gable to main front to right with eaves
sweeping down to ground floor at night. Stair window
with architrave with small window to outer right at
ground in segmentally pedimented and aproned ashlar
surround. Gabled advanced wing to left with lean to
Variety of glazing patterns. Small pane to casement
windows and upper sashes, with plate glass to lower.
Flat-roofed, bipartite dormers with moulded cornice, at
intervals. Ashlar coped stacks. Distinctive green slates.
INTERIOR: chimneypieces cast-iron grates and plasterwork
cornices. Original tiling to bathrooms and Edwardian
Coped, squared and snecked rubble retaining wall.