The monument comprises a prehistoric hut circle and earth house, or souterrain. The monument was scheduled in 1935. This proposal extends the protected area to cover the archaeological features properly and also replaces the original scheduling documentation, which cannot be located.
The hut circle is set on a terrace above and to the E of the Allt Cille Pheadair. It has walls surviving up to 1.5m high, and measures about 14m in diameter, with a SSE-facing entrance. On the W side, the wall is thicker, incorporating and overlying a souterrain, a subterranean passage entered from the interior of the hut circle. The souterrain is about 10m long and 1m wide. Outside the hut circle's entrance is a level semi-circular platform.
The area now to be scheduled is circular, measuring 40m in diameter, centred on the entrance to the souterrain. The area is shown in red on the accompanying map extract. The above-ground elements of the modern post and wire fence crossing the NW part of the area are excluded from scheduling.