Alexander Stevens, circa 1786. 2-storey stable block built
against slope and arranged in L-plan around S and W sides of
cobbled courtyard, latter at basement level. Coursely-droved
red ashlar with polished margins: square-headed openings,
small-paned sash windows; 1st floor openings mostly square.
S elevation in 3 + 2-bay arrangement with stabling
(substantial cast-iron Doric columns to stall bays supporting
upper floor); depressed-arched carriage house to right
converted in 19th century (?by William Burn, 1834), carriage
openings now windows (dovecot flight-holes in one upper
window); lean-to at right with wide outer pilaster strip. W
range has inserted garage opening, central part with doors
and windows to each floor in 3-bay arrangement; full-length
lean-to addition to courtyard with 4 large garage doors.
Corniced stacks; all roofs covered with graded slates.