Part dated 1869 (on some rainwater heads), but nucleus
probably circa 1840: alterations late in 19th century. Large asymmetrical country house, now a hotel. 2 storeys with
attics and basements. Stugged yellow coursers with polished
dressings; advanced/recessed bays; some windows canted; some
projecting mullioned windows at ground; sash windows, mostly small-paned; slated asymmetrical roofs with projecting
bracketted eaves. 2 balustraded towers rise above main roof
level, the taller (nearest S) an Italianate companile, that
at NE corner is circular with leaded bell-cast turret and cap
house. Long W entrance elevation has centre recessed behind
colonnade of former conservatory which links pair outer
gables at either end (columned porch near S); S (approach)
elevation also long and asymmetrical with outer gables; small
bellcote over wallhead. Corniced stacks. Small service court
to rear (N), and canted bay with tall facetted roof.
Interior: some elaborate ornament; main stair with
wrought-iron balustrade; decorative cornice plasterwork;
panelled doors in architraves.
Garden terrace balustrades and steps to S and to E of house
all ashlar built; balustrades are pierced and have geometric
decoration; panelled and corniced squat piers.