John Smith 1814-1815, rear wings internally altered and their north elevations remodelled Bird & Tyler 1970-71. Neo-Greek U-plan, main block on S. NW and NE wings. Main house 2-storey granite ashlar 5 window front, centre bay advanced with single storey tetrastyle fluted Greek Doric portice pilastered angles, consoled ground floor windows,
architraved first floor windows, architraved first floor windows, main cornice and blocking course, raised central parapet with panel of overlapping discs. Tripartite entrance within portico, recessed consoled doorpiece, elaborate original 6-panelled, lower panels ovals, central panels friezes of interlaced circles. W. elevation 3 window same
treatment as flanking bays on S. front; N. elevation also 3 bays, similar but blind centre bay with ground floor window in arched recess. Platform roof, 4 stacks. NW wing 2 window and broad 1-window end pavilion matching granite ashlar with cornice and blocking course, timber verandah with slim coupled columns and segmental arches with latticework spandrels. East wing 2-storey coursed rubble without cornice, irregular approx 5-window between 4th and 5th modern). Arched stair window with traceried head in court. Interior rectanglar entrance of Corinthian columns to square stair hall with single cantilevered flights, similar Corinthian screen at N end of drawing room at NW, apsed study and morning room (now dining room) on E side of S front (morning room formerly oval, returned to shape first planned 1970-71). Elegant
chimneypieces and consoled doorcases, at principal rooms. Interesting 'sow' (relic of original plumbing) in office court.