Complex house of several dates, originally comprising a
tower house (most of remains removed c. 1947) and a "ha'
hoose". Burnt 1630, ha'hoose rebuilt 1656 incorporating
earlier work (2 small chamfered windows in W. gable
ascribed by Dr. Simpson to 14th century) recast again
probably 1753 (datestone not in original position in
offices at rear). 2-storey basement and attic with
moulded intake at ground floor level 7-window front;
harled, centre 3-window part slightly advanced, ashlar
faced, with big semi-circular pediment and stout chimney:
W. gable crowstepped, openings ogge moulded, moulded
chimney copes, Original interior work with additions of
c. 1842. 2-storey wing to E. at different level
containing dining room of c. 1790/1800, raised a storey
as an angle tower with battlemented top and bartizans c.
1841/2; porch added to centre front at same date
incorporating 1688 datestone. Outshot at back originally
only basement storey, raised to present height probably
1842. N. wing 2-storey 3-window to court early 18th
century or earlier simple chamfered openings, voussoirs
of wide (pend?) arch. E. elevation the interior face of
the W. wall of the tower house left rough after the
demolition of the remainder.