1697, incorporating parts of earlier structure, with additions of c 1770 and further additions of 1854-5. 1697 house: 5 bays wide, 2 bays deep, 3 storeys high. facing south, rubble with roll-moulded reveals to windows. The later 18th century additions extended the 17th century house by a
single advanced bay with Ionic venetian window at the principal floor and sculptured drapery swags about the 1st floor window. The addition returns to the North to form an L plan house with 9 bay, formerly principal, front to the West. The centre 3 bays are advanced and pedimented, the pediment containing sculputred arms. At the principal floor a glazed door gives access to an elaborate balcony and double flight of steps, built in 1855 in an early 18th century style to
replace the original broad perron. The West and South fronts are of broached ashlar with polished moulded architraves to the windows and a moulded eaves-course. The north front is now harled. Piended and platformed slated roof with a symmetrical arrangement of stacks. East front: became the entrance front in 1854-5 when much of the pre-1697 building was removed and a porch added with a baroque pedimented door,
channelled angle-pilasters and balustraded parapet. Also added was a rectangular tower in the SW re-entrance angle, topped by an octagonal lantern with bell-cast slated roof and weathervane; the 17th century wing was heightened by an attic storey with pedimented baronial dormer-heads, whilst the original square attic windows of the 18th century house were raised through the eaves and similarly pedimented. Also of 1854-5 is the small single storey and attic service-court to
the SE. Work carried out by the convent includes the addition of platformed attic dormers to the East and West fronts, the provision of a large enclosed firescape on the North front and attached to the house by a glazed corridor, a large modern chapel to the NE. Interior: partly remodelled in 1855 but work of 1697 survives ie in Refectory and in the 1770s the SW apartment of the principal floor remains unaltered, with panelled dado etc, marble chimney piece and fine roccoco plaster ceiling.