Large mansion house, comprising
(a) Original Z-plan tower house dated 1595, incorporates
tower of earlier date, 4-storey rubble-built vaulted ground
floor, 1st floor hall (off library) has rich 17th plaster
ceiling enclosing original painted one, rich renaissance
panelling of 1622 from Rubens House in Antwerp installed by
Sir Coutts Lindsay; considerably altered.
(b) South-west section, William Burn 1838, Scots Jacobean,
2-storey and basement, pilastered porch with scrolled
pediment and 3 bay windows on north, 2 large bay windows (one
is Georgian bow refaced as bay) and angle turrets on south;
whin rubble, freestone dressings, crowstepped gables,
pedimented dormer heads; fine interior work, good Jacobean
(c) North-east section of main block, David Bryce dated 1863,
2-storey and attic, corbelled corner bay angle turrets
advanced north wing, whin rubble freestone dressings,
crowstepped gables and dormer heads.
(d) Front railed screen and entrance gates, D Bryce 1860s.
Stone piers with ball finials, 2 pairs wrought iron gates of
17th century Italian workmanship from Coire (Chur)
(e) Dower House. Late 17th/early 18th century. L-plan,
originally 3-storey, now reduced to 2 and interior
modernised. Plain whin rubble and slate, freestone dressings.
(f) Outbuildings; various dates in 19th century, 1/2 storey, incorporating above.