17th century tower with 2 circular stairtowers enclosed by late 18th, 19th and 20th century additions and alterations. 2 storey, with 2 3 storey towers, 4 bay, near Z-plan castellated house. Harled with polished dressings. Coped crenellated parapets and crowstepped gables.
W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: asymmetrical, 6 bay; circular 3 storey tower of circa 1800 in penultimate bay to left; central small pane glazed door flanked by 2 round arched windows at ground; 3 round arched windows to 1st floor; central round arched window to 2nd floor. Small pane door at ground of late 18th century bay to outer left with single window above to later 20th century 1st floor addition. Single window set in gable at 1st floor of late 18th century 3rd bay from left; later 20th century single storey, flat roofed porch addition set in re entrant angle with 4th bay from left; glazed small pane door with 3 pane fanlight to right, window to left, window to right return; tripartite window centred to 1st floor; single window centred to 2nd floor; crenellated screen wall above, masking 17th century core. Window and door advanced in remaining early 19th century single storey bays. Later 20th century, single storey, 2 bay wing advanced to outer right, windows to each bay.
S ELEVATION: asymmetrical; 4 bay. Remains of 17th century building to outer right, with circular stair tower with window to right return and fish scale roof with metal finial. 20th century, 2 bay wing advanced at ground with 2 symmetrically placed windows; window to right return. 3 bay, late 18th century addition recessed to left; irregular fenestration to ground; regular fenestration to 1st floor each with crowstepped gablet breaking eaves above.
E ELEVATION: asymmetrical; 6 bay; 3 storey, 2 bay screen wall to centre masking original 17th century house; regular fenestration to each floor; single storey, 2 bay, early 19th century addition to left with window in each bay; single storey addition to right with 2 leaf small pane glazed door to left; window to right. Tower, possibly original 17th century, recessed behind; graded fishscale roof with slate easing course and metal finial.
N ELEVATION: asymmetrical; 6 bay. Single storey bay to outer left with single window and coped flat roof. 4 pane window in penultimate bay to left; window in 3rd bay (from left) with crenellated parapet above; 2 storey gabled wall behind. 4th bay (from left) and penultimate bay to right advanced, single storey, window to each bay, flat coped roof. 2 storey bay to outer right with window to ground floor; window to left return of late 20th century 1st floor addition.
Predominantly 12 pane timber sash and case windows; 18 pane to tower. Grey slate roofs with lead ridges. Gablehead stack and wallhead stacks incorporated into crenellations. Cast iron downpipes with decorative hoppers.
INTERIOR: small dome rooflight to entrance porch with English rose mouldings, leading to sitting room with coffered timber ceiling, modillion cornicing and decorative fireplace; shutters; similar room above. Original 17th century spiral staircase still intact. Oak panelled hall (1901), with cornice ornamented with rose, shamrock and thistle. Stained glass door bearing coat of arms of the Dewars of Vogrie. Living room at ground in bow of tower, with coffered ceiling; Ionic columns flank buffet recess; carved fireplace as in aforementioned ground floor room.
GATES, GATEPIERS AND BOUNDARY WALLS: semi circular plan, crenellated wall to E of house; 19th century octagonal polished gatepiers, with fluted and coffered frieze; decorative cast iron gates; coped tooled rubble quadrant walls surmounted by simple cast iron railings.