Circa 1600 L-plan tower house with 1790 alterations and
baronial rear wing dated 1895. Harled with tooled and polished
3- and 4-storey tower house; stair turret in SW re-entant
angle with corbelled base; similar turret at NW angle;
bartisans at SW and NE. Main entrance door with re-cut
moulded jambs in projecting S stair tower with late 19th
century heavy studded plank door with ornate cast-iron
hinges. Arrow slit vents survive in S elevation; regularised
and enlarged fenestration.
Baronial rear wing with canted bay windows and oriel;
crenellated wallheads; angle bartizan; 2- and 4-pane glazing.
Armorial panel, crowstep gables; slate roofs.
Interior; little survives of original interior except
partially blocked wheel stairs. Circular stair (1790) rises
full height in projecting single bay tower, with turned
wooden balusters, polished wooden handrail and decorative
plaster roundel in ceiling. Fielded panel doors (also 1790)
and marble chimney piece. 1895 interior fittings in later
wing; panelled dados; large wooden staircase with carved
balustrade and newel finials; panelled doors and moulded
door jambs; polished ashlar baronial chimney piece in inner