Dated 1760. Tall 2 storey house on raised basement, 5 bays.
Harled rubble, painted ashlar margins, ashlar dressings.
Door, in slightly advanced central bay, approached by
flight of steps oversailing basement area; smooth rusticated
surround with keystone and stone plaque with coat of arms
above. Panelled door with intersecting traceried fanlight.
Centre 1st floor window with bracketted cill, lugged
architrave and moulded cornice; shaped wallhead gable with
apex stack. Eaves band links lintels of 1st floor windows.
Symmetrical windows to rear, some blocked 12-pane sashes
throughout except 6-pane at basement. Eaves course; end
stacks; slate roof.
Statement of Special Interest
Date stone with large Roman numerals at base of central
gablet chimney. FRASER appears faintly carved on righthand
skew putt. Curved flanking wings, which appear on 1868 and
1901 OS, demolished early 20th century.