Dated 1886. Asymmetrical medium sized gabled 2-storey
shooting lodge; stylised random grey rubble with ribbon
pointing at ground floor; rendered 1st floor, with mock
timber framing and stippled infill; finely tooled contrasting
sandstone dressings. Wide verandah supported by timber
columns enclosed east and south ground floor; entrance
under verandah in projecting porch in east elevation.
Mullioned and transomed windows; shaped and corniced end and
ridge stacks; Welsh slate roof. Interior; original
panelling throughout in ground and first floor; original
chimney pieces, also ground and 1st floor; balustraded
staircase leading from panelled hall to 1st floor landing.
Chimney pieces in recessed alcoves in ground floor drawing
and dining rooms and in master bedroom, 1st floor; in
drawing room with ochre marble surround initialled WS.
Projecting 'Tudor' chimney piece in hall. Some 1st floor
panelling painted white; some window reveals have mirrored
panels; some ground floor panelling, in rear passage and gun
room have inlaid deerhide sections. Ribbed plaster ceilings
in drawing room dining room and master bedroom (1st floor).
Stables: single storey and attic stables, similar materials
as lodge. Stabling for 4 horses, with stalls, and feed shoot
from loft above; saddle room; gighouse (now garage) and attic
room and loft over. Many original fittings.
Game larders; 2 rectangular game larders stand close to
shore; the larger for deer and the smaller for birds. Random
stylised rubble as house; piended slated roofs. Interior;
tiled lined walls; all fittings present.