Small L-plan tower house of circa 1600, with various
subsequent additions including crenellated wallhead to
tower by James Smith, 1804 and re-cast E frontage, 1830-40.
Harled with polished and tooled ashlar margins and dressings.
Entrance in base of tower in SE re-entrant anlge; simple
square headed door-way moulded ashlar jambs and heavily
studded plank door. Wing to left with early fenestration,
some windows with plain chamfers and iron windows yetts of
2-storey, symmetrical 3-bay NW frontage with centre door and
wide flanking bowed bays rising full height to bowed
piended roof, each bay with 3 windows in ground and 1st
floor. Centre door with simple Roman Doric columned portico.
Varied glazing to sash and case windows; slate roofs.
Interior; low ceilinged Roman Catholic chapel immediately
left in entrance; attentuated Ionic pilastered reredos. Wide
wheel stair rises in tower, floors at various levels.