Late 18th century, dated 1767, extended circa 1800. 2-storey over basement, 5-bay, double-pile, rectangular-plan classical house. Harled with painted margins and dressings. Band course; quoins, architraved windows, eaves band; lugged architraves to windows.
N (MAIN) ELEVATION: double curved perron stair leading to narrow lugged, architraved and pedimented door at centre; twisted wrought-iron
balusters. Panelled door with deep leaded fanlight, flanking windows. Windows symmetrically disposed at upper floor; pediment breaking eaves
at centre, floral plaque with datestone 1767.
S (REAR) ELEVATION: 3-bay. Single storey gabled wing at ground to right of centre, flanking windows. 3 windows symmetrically disposed directly below eaves, small windowto right of centre window.
E ELEVATION: blank wall, gabled block advanced at basement level. Wallhead chimneys raised above; stacks rising from gabled, consoled base, bridging wall between.
24-pane timber sash and case windows at principal floor, 8-pane over 4-pane sash and case windows at basement; 16-pane timber sash and case windows at upper floor. Grey slate piend and platformed roof, lead flashings, cast-iron rooflights; broad corniced wallhead stacks.
INTERIOR: not seen 1996.