2 lintels of 1603 and 1604 may date building. Repaired and
altered 1853 (dated). Rectangular-plan 3-storey and
attic tower (now reduced in size) (ragged wall fragments to
east); screen wall, formerly part of a courtyard, extends
south from tall, conical-roofed, circular angle turret.
All rubble-built with ashlar dressings. Tower house has
round-headed doorway on south wall, and single roll-moulded
window at each level, dovecot in dormer head. Moulded eaves
cornice; crowstepped gables and coped end stacks. Slate
Single light at each level above ground to west gable
and west elevation of angle turret; latter entered by
segmental-arched east-facing door; door above opens onto
parapet walkway of screen wall; doorway, 3 circular hand-gun
ports and 2 slits to west (outer) face of latter; corbelled
and crenellated parapets above linked to conical-roofed
corbelled round turret at south.