Studio of James Gillepsie Graham, 1816. Single storey, 7-bay, square courtyard-plan castellated gothic coach house; piended roof, slightly advanced arched entrance block to centre with castellated parapet, linked flanking wings. Yellow ashlar sandstone.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: symmetrical, castellated parapet with saddleback coping; Tudor arch carriage entrance to central block, moulded panel above bearing Lockhart coat-of-arms, heart within a manacle; corbelled projecting eaves cornice; double flanking bays with hoodmoulded pointed arch windows; terminating blocks with hoodmoulded square headed windows.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: squared rubble white and yellow sandstone; irregular fenestration; segmental arch carriage entrance to far right with suqare vent opening above, square headed windows and doors to remaining bays; piended dormer breaking eaves to far right.
N (SIDE) ELEVATION: squared and tooled yellow sandstone coursers; blank except blind hoodmoulded door to far left castellated bay.
S (SIDE) ELEVATION: squared and snecked rubble yellow sandstone; castellated ashlar bay to far right, hoodmoulded square headed window; irregular fenestration of doors and windows; 3 regularly articulated piended dormers breaking eaves; glass and timber modern conservatory to right.
COURTYARD: carriage arches to W flanking main entrance and to S far right; otherwise regular fenestration with small segmental arch windows above alternating rectangular windows.
10-pane timber sash and case windows except pointed arch plate glass sash and case windows to E elevation, bipartite gothic astragals to small courtyard windows. Grey slates, lead flashing, coped stacks to 4 corners.
INTERIOR: not seen 2000.