Designed by John Davidson, Clerk of Works in consultation with R F Dudgeon of the Isle estate. Erected 1890-3. Extensive industrial farm complex comprising principal unit with castellated north front - 4 ranges around quadrangular open court linked by taller crow-stepped gabled corner towers - lesser U-plan byre range to south built around
large barn. Snecked bullfaced red ashlar and dressings; slate roofs free-standing hay barn to east with corrugated iron roof in iron stanchions.
PRINCIPAL UNIT: north elevation: symmetrical; 2-storeys with attic, outer and narrow central clock tower bay a storey higher, slightly advanced and crow-stepped.
Arcaded tall shallow round-arched panels to linking bays ground floor
windows with stepped hood-moulds, bands at impost levels; flat-headed pend in central tower now blocked; round-headed dormers (other windows mostly small-paned sashes). Other long elevations single storey with lofts; west range with arcaded shallow panels to west elevation, segmental-arched openings to courtyard side of north range and gabled dormers; 2 piend roofed low blocks adjoin south wall of south range; segmental-arched pend to courtyard to east, nearby; roof ventilators; coped stacks; slate roofs. Some steel fire escapes added. Courtyard perimeter cobbled.
RANGE TO SOUTH: 5 crow-stepped gables to north elevation, each with louvred slit in gable head, inner 3 gables (of barn) are adjoining, with depressed-arched central gateway flanked by fish-tailed crosslet dummy gun loops; remaining barn walls are low, supporting iron fence; roof supported on cast-iron columns. 3-sided byre range has mostly square-headed doors and segmental-arched windows inner walls tiled (mostly contrasting brown and white glaze), rails for dung trolley and feeding.
Roofs with iron struts and ties and long ventilators. Screen walls with square gatepiers link ranges at west.