Robert Adam, 1790, with later additions. U-plan main range, half enclosed by walled forecourt entered laterally. 2nd smaller courtyard at rear. Roughly squared and coursed rubble with grey ashlar dressings, base course, band and eaves courses.
N RANGE: 2-storey pedimented central block; coach house, with wooden double-leaf doors in ashlar bays at ground. 2 windows at 1st floor with sculpted panel featuring 2 griffins flanking an urn. Cornice and pediment with clock by Veitch of Haddington, 1792, and a swan above flanked by urns. Single storey ranges flanking with doorways and windows to stables, 4 doorways each side; 2 on courtyard return elevation of wings, each with a sculpted classical relief over the lintel; panels representing agriculture, painting, sculpture and geometry. Windows flanking doorways of central range. Gable ends of advanced wings screened by deep corniced parapet, tripartites at ground with relief panels above featuring classical profile heads flanking a figurative panel. Parapet surmounted by sphinx flanked by urns. Cobble courtyard, enclosed by an ashlar coped rubble wall, ashlar gatepiers with ball finials. S RANGE: smaller courtyard to rear, entered from S through segmental archway. 2-storey central block, blank at ground, 2 windows at 1st floor, cornice, pediment breaking parapet with blind occulus, die above. Single storey ranges forming courtyard with doorways and windows to stables. L-plan cottage adjoining to SE, in same materials with classical loggia at ground. Later alterations; bow window at ground, dormers at 1st floor. Sash and case windows with 12 and 16-pane glazing patterns. Grey slates, ashlar coped skews and stacks with original cans. Stables enclosed on N side by high ashlar coped rubble wall. INTERIOR: stables retain wooden stall divisions with curving balustrades, ball finialled posts and troughs.