There are no additional online documents for this record.
- Category: B
- Date Added: 18/03/1971
- Date Removed: 22/09/2016
- Local Authority: Highland
- Planning Authority: Highland
- Parish: Clyne
National Grid Reference
- NGR: NC 89438 6094
- Coordinates: 289438, 906094
18th century, small circular tower with conical roof. Harl
pointed rubble; entrance in south side; 6 small square
vents encircle wallhead at regular intervals under plain
eaves cornice; slate roof with conical lead cap.
Interior; 2 cross beams embedded in wallhead.
Tower stands on mound, some portions of which are retained
by dry stone wall.
Statement of Special Interest
Scheduled monument. Tower resembles a doocot. Bells hung
from beams inside. Fomrerly had 2 lucarne openings.
MacGibbon and Ross, THE CASTELLATED AND DOMESTIC ARCHITECTURE
OF SCOTLAND, v, 1892. p.221. George Hay, THE ARCHITECTURE
OF THE SCOTTISH POST REFORMATION CHURCH (1957) p.173.