Large asymmetrical mansion of late classic character.
Originally; 3-storey U-plan house with 5-window front,
harled with quoin angles and piend roof, mid 18th century;
S. wing appears to be of rather earlier date, moulded skews
at W. gable of earlier house with vaulted ground floor and
5' walls, at E. corner. Large addition and remodelling
William Burn 1830, L-plan ashlar faced N. wing of 3-storeys
with 2-storey bay windows at pedimented gables and consoled
and balustraded balcony at 1st on N. front, square R-doric
pilastered porch, and main E. front ashlar-faced (remainder
of original house left harled). 1878 coat of arms inserted
in porch. Semi-decagonal 2-storey bay added to main front
2-storey N.W. back wing harled with quoin angles Sir R.S.
Lorimer 1907-9 Good Burn interior work in principal rooms.