1867. Single storey over laigh floor former grain mill comprising square plan M-roofed centre block with wing to E, and square plan kiln to W forming T-plan. Random rubble walls with stugged sandstone dressings.
S ELEVATION: asymmetrical, single storey with concealed laigh floor,
4 wide bays, M-gable straddling centre 2 bays; 2-leaf vertically- boarded timber door to right and 4-pane fixed-light to left in bay to right of centre. Bay to left of centre and kiln to outer left obscured by single storey addition (Richard Gibson, 1990); blank wall extending to E gable at right.
N ELEVATION: asymmetrical, single storey over laigh floor, M-gable straddling 2-bay centrepiece. Left bay; 9-pane fixed-light with vertically-boarded timber door to left at ground, 9-pane fixed light centring gable at principal floor. Right bay: overshot cast-iron waterwheel with timber paddles by James Abernethy of Aberdeen at laigh floor; wheel fed by timber lade from W; wheel well enclosed by L-plan rubble wall; small windows flanking wheel at intermediate level, 9-pane fixed-light centred in gable above. Kiln in bay recessed to outer right, lean-to at laigh floor, 4-pane fixed-lights centred at each floor. Pair of cart arches with 2-leaf vertically-boarded timber doors at laigh floor in bay recessed to outer left; narrow horizontal 2-pane fixed-lights centred over arches.
E GABLE: laigh floor concealed; vertically-boarded timber door centred at upper floor.
Purple slate roof with clay tile ridge and stugged ashlar skew copes to gables. Pyramidal roof to kiln, revolving timber cowl at apex with vane and ball finial.
DAM: restored earth dam with stepped rubble elevation to W; pair of timber sluice gates flanking centre operated, from timber platforms.
STEADING: single storey U-plan steading, W range stepping downhill to N. Harled rubble walls; purple slate roof with cast-iron skylights, piended to SW and NW corners, gabled to E. Vertically-boarded timber doors and lying-pane fixed-lights.
WALLS AND BRIDGE: random rubble walls lining approach road, and continuous as parapets to segmental-arched bridge with modern buttressing to E.