1744. 2 storey and attic, symmetrical U-plan house; 4 centre bays, projecting outer wings with 3-bay inner faces to
small paved court; 2 1st floor and small attic windows
only in south facing outer gabled wings. All harled, with
polished ashlar margins and dressings.
windows in south elevation with blocked centre (Minister's)
Entrances in outer bays of long courtyard bolection moulded
door pieces and 19th century panelled doors, that to right
being false; 2 ground floor windows between doorways. 2
later windows and door in courtyard elevation of each
return wing with rendered margins. All front original windows
have half-round moulding to margins; plain chamfers to rear
margins. 2 paired diminutive piended dormers in centre
front. Large 1st floor windows with 12-pane glazing;
9-pane in ground floor.
Cavetto skewputts; crowsteps; coped end stacks; large
lateral rear stack (serving 1st floor principal room);
West Highland slate roof.
Interior; original stone stair case with half-round moulding
to risers; principal room takes up centre 4 bays of 1st
floor original raised and fielded panelling in one 1st floor
room in east wing, with original moulded and lugged
doorpiece; 19th century door. 2 18th century moulded chimney
pieces survive. Otherwise later 19th century alterations
and decoration. Vaulted cellars. Walled garden; dated
lintel, 1863. Large walled garden, high coped rubble walls.
Gate piers and walls; later 19th century, pair square
tooled rubble gate piers with moulded pyramidal caps.
Extensive drystone walls with drystone cope