Circa 1860 with later alterations and additions. Irregular plan single and 2-storey workshop on irregular plan comprising single storey 35 bay, 4-track carriage shed and 2 shorter 2-storey rectangular plan ranges to rear. Predominantly tooled sandstone rubble, dressed quoins and long and short surrounds to openings. Red brick in part to later additions.
SE (CARRIAGE SHED) ELEVATION: 35 bays, blocked round-arched doorway to left of centre. Round arched windows in other bays.
SW ELEVATION: 4-bay M-gabled carriage shed to right with part blocked, round arched openings in all bays. 2-storey gable end adjoined to left with large square headed opening at ground to right; modern window to left; round arched tripartitie window centred in gablehead. Irregularly fenestrated, 2-storey, near M-gabled range to outer left with flat-roofed projection at centre.
NW (REAR) ELEVATION: 2-storey, 3-bay range to outer right with segmental headed openings, central single window and flanking tripartites at 1st floor. Single storey range to left with large, square headed opening to outer right; round arched windows to left.
NE (SIDE) ELEVATION: 4-bay, M-gabled carriage shed to left with 2-leaf, boarded timber doors in round-arched openings in all bays. Taller, brick-built gable end recessed to right. Single storey projection recessed to outer right.
Predominantly round-arched, cast iron window frames with small-pane glazing; some modern glazing to front sides and rear. Predominantly corrugated-metal roofs; grey slate in part.
INTERIOR: not seen at time of visit (1999).