Quadrangular. W (entrance) frontage 3-storey 11-window
ashlar, centre 3 raised and pedimented with carved
tympanum dated 1711: circular angle towers with conical
roofs and dragon weather vanes. Battlemented flank walls
added mid 19th cent. S. side: 17th cent. remodelled 1854
with long gallery to courtyard and tower addition 1863
on S: S.E. angle early 19th cent. incorporating
fragments of older castle, remodelled 1854-63. E wing
1854-63; N. wing 2-storey with pend, early 19th cent.
raised to 3-storey c. 1854-63. Fine interiors: some 18th
cent. in W. wing, remainder 1854-63 with fine ceilings
cast from moulds made from 16th cent. originals. Archt.
of 1854-63 alterations and additions John Henderson,