RM Cameron, 1899, with later additions (see Notes). Free Style gothic church with transepts to N and S, on corner site to London Road and Marionville Road. Squared and snecked grey sandstone with red sandstone dressings. Moulded string course to gallery level. Broad, bracketed eaves. Long and short quoins; tabbed surrounds to windows. Bays divided by buttresses with long and short quoins.
W ELEVATION: cross-finialled gable to W between 2 finialled, pyramidally-roofed square-plan towers with crenellated parapets and canon spouts. 2-leaf timber-boarded door with leaded fanlight over in moulded pointed-arched doorpiece flanked by lancets; 6-light window in ogee-arched surround above; arrow-slit to gable; 3-light windows to upper level of towers.
S ELEVATION: projecting gabled S transept to right with bipartite windows to ground, 2 hoodmoulded 2-light windows in pointed-arched surrounds above and arrow-slit to gable. Bipartite windows to 3 bays of nave at ground and gallery levels. S elevation of stair tower to left. S elevation of later hall adjoining to outer right with crenellated parapet.
N ELEVATION: projecting gabled N transept to left with bipartite windows to ground, 2 hoodmoulded 2-light windows in pointed-arched surrounds above and arrow-slit to gable. Bipartite windows to 3 bays of nave at ground and gallery levels . N elevation of stair tower to right. N elevation of flat-roofed hall adjoining to outer left.
E ELEVATION: later flat-roofed hall adjoining at ground level. Rose window above; arrow-slit to gable.
Geometric tracery to leaded glass windows. Grey slates; decorative red ridge tiles. Gabletted skews. Louvred lantern to ridge.
INTERIOR: compartmented ceiling. Arcaded nave with timber-panelled gallery supported on cast-iron columns to S, W and N. Timber pews. Timber steps to pulpit to E with cusped and crocketed timber housing to organ above (EF Walcker of Ludwigsburg, 1901). 2 stained glass lights to S, War Memorial (John Blyth, 1927). Stairs to galleries in towers.