Probably David and Thomas Stevenson, 1857-8. Lighthouse keeper?s accommodation block comprising single storey 5-bay centrepiece with principal elevation to E, formerly flanked by lower symmetrically-disposed L-plan wings advanced at outer left and right (N wing now demolished). Harled brick walls with droved sandstone ashlar dressings. Base course, eaves course with blocking course above. Margined corners, doors, and windows with projecting cills.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: 2-leaf vertically-boarded timber and glazed entrance door with 4-pane fanlight in centre bay of symmetrical centrepiece, regular fenestration in flanking bays; vertically-boarded timber doors in each bay of 2-bay N jamb of S wing recessed and stepping back at left; regularly-fenestrated single bay E jamb of S wing advanced at outer left.
S ELEVATION: single window to left of centre.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: asymmetrical, regularly-fenestrated centrepiece of 4 bays (grouped 3-1) with 2-bay S wing adjoining at right with 6-pane timber fixed-light and plate glass timber sash and case window in bays to left and right respectively.
N ELEVATION: asymmetrical, vertically-boarded timber door off-set to right of centre.
Predominantly 12-pane timber sash and case windows. Flat roof, pierced along centreline of centrepiece by 2 groups of 2 and 4 droved ashlar stacks, each boldly-corniced with tapered shaft and circular can; 3 evenly-spaced matching wallhead stacks S elevation.
INTERIOR: flagged entrance hall; timber fittings throughout including 4-panel doors, panelled shutters, plain chimneypieces with cast-iron inserts; plaster cornices to principal rooms; cast-iron ranges to S room of centrepiece and E room of S wing.
WATER TANKS: 3 slate water tanks (with brick bases) adjacent to building, off-set to left and right of centre of E and W elevations respectively, and in re-entrant angle of S wing.
SUNDIAL: bollard-like fluted cast-iron plinth to sundial (now gone 1998), sited to W of accommodation block.
WALLED GARDEN: random rubble wall enclosing roughly square garden sited to W of accommodation block, with droved ashlar door way centring E wall.