1839. 2-storey, 6-bay, L-plan station and offices on down side. Ashlar sandstone, chamfered margins, battered cills, overhanging eaves.
E (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: gable end of advanced wing to left, central modernised entrance, windows flanking, stone mullioned bipartite centred above entrance, windows flanking, slit window in gablehead. Wing to right, central entrance, stone mullioned bipartite to right, that to left blocked, 3 windows at 1st floor symmetrical.
N ELEVATION: gable end built against embankment.
S ELEVATION: altered, external staircase ascending to platform at 1st floor level, later entrance at ground floor to right, window at 1st floor.
W ELEVATION: built against embankment, platform at 1st floor level, altered, stone mullioned bipartites and paired doorways survive, additional openings interspersed.
Varied timber sash and case windows, grey slate, exposed rafters.
INTERIOR: original curved, panelled ticket office with floreate cornice extending to walls.
W (UP) PLATFORM BUILDING: asymmetrical 2-part building. Main gable ended block, 2-storey, 7-bay, squared and snecked, sandstone, chamfered margins, battered cills, stone mullioned tripartite to right, doorways to left, single windows to 1st floor. 2nd part to right, set back, sloping flat roof enclosing disused ramp to platform level, staggered stone mullioned tripartites to centre. Platform elevation much altered and concealed behind new frontage.