Early 19th century, with later alteration. 2-bay, 2-storey house of approximate L-plan with conservatory projecting to W. Stugged sandstone principal elevation, harl-pointed side and rear elevations, all with stugged and droved dressings. Projecting cills at windows.
W (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: asymmetrical 2-bay elevation; single storey timber conservatory/entrance porch on stugged ashlar base advanced in bay to left comprising 6-pane round-arched fixed lights with stop chamfered and beaded timber mullions; glazed piended roof. Single storey 3-light canted bay of circa 1900 in bay to right comprising base, cill and eaves courses and stop chamfered arrises. Regular fenestration at 1st floor. 2-storey regularly fenestrated bay with crenellated wallhead recessed at right; circular tower with tall window in re-entrant angle.
N (LAW LANE) ELEVATION: blank elevation with wallhead stack to left.
Timber sash and case windows; some 12-pane surviving; later glazing to principal elevation comprising 2-pane lower sashes and multi-pane uppers. Purple-grey slate piended platform roof. Stugged and droved sandstone stacks with copes, heightened with harled and coped extensions; octagonal cans.
INTERIOR: inner entrance door part glazed with 4-pane fanlight above; sunburst fanlight over vestibule door. Coloured tile floor and vertically-boarded timber lined walls to conservatory. Coloured tile floor to vestibule. Drawing room; swagged plaster frieze with egg and dart cornice and dome centring ceiling. Narrow staircase with decorative cast-iron balusters and timber handrail. 6-panel doors with reeded architraves. Cast-iron Art Nouveau fire grate and panelled timber chimneypiece in bedrooms to rear.
BOUNDARY WALLS: random rubble boundary wall to Law Lane with vertically-boarded timber door. Stugged sandstone dwarf wall with ashlar cope to Hillhead surmounted by wrought-iron railing with matching gate at centre; flanking square ashlar piers with bases and pyramidal caps.