1906. 2-storey, 3-bay symmetrical office of square plan with 2-storey wing projecting to N from NW corner. Cement-rendered and lined walls and details, all painted. Base course.
E (ESPLANADE) ELEVATION: 4-panel, 2-leaf timber door with plate glass fanlight in round-arched opening, keystone centring arch, hoodmould with bracketted stops over. Bipartite windows with curved reveals in flanking bays. Architraved circular clock by Potts & Son of Leeds centred over door, windows breaking eaves in flanking bays with curvilinear dormerheads.
S (IRVINE PLACE) ELEVATION: formerly symmetrical, originally with window centred at ground flanked by doors (that at right now infilled) with flanking narrow windows and further windows to outer left and right of elevation. Tripartite window centred at 1st floor, breaking eaves with curvilinear dormerhead; matching window adjacent to left.
W (REAR) ELEVATION: near-symmetrical, tripartite windows to left of centre at ground and 1st floors (latter matching S elevation); small square window only at ground in bay at right; modernised 2-storey wing extending to left.
N ELEVATION: 2-bay elevation; partially obscured by modernised gabled wing advanced at right. Paired narrow windows at ground and 1st floors flanking chimneygable breaking eaves with curvilinear pediment.
Modern glazing to E elevation; plate glass timber sash and case windows elsewhere. Purple-grey slate piended platform roof with overhanging timber eaves and profiled cast-iron gutters and downpipes. Cement-rendered, coped wallhead stacks to right of centre at S elevation, and flanking dormer at rear elevation.
YARD WALL: cement-rendered and painted wall bounding yard to N, decorative metal town crest supported by timber post inset in E wall, terminated to S by square gatepier with pyramidal cap, 2-leaf wrought-iron gates.