Dated 1872. 2-storey 3-bay near-symmetrical villa of rectangular plan with single storey service wing to rear (N). Stugged squared and snecked sandstone principal front, harl-pointed side and rear elevations, all with polished ashlar dressings and details, droved at arrises. Base course and eaves cornice.
S (PRINCIPAL) ELEVATION: 6-panel 2-leaf timber entrance door with plate glass fanlight at ground in centre bay; doorpiece comprising pilasters with scrolled brackets flanking lintel and supporting cornice. Bipartite windows at ground and 1st floors in bay at left. 2-storey, 3-light canted bay with corniced lintel at ground in bay to right. Projecting cills and stop chamfered arrises at windows. Long and short dressings to windows and at corners.
W ELEVATION: narrow windows to left of centre at ground; modern single storey conservatory projecting at right; narrow window at 1st floor to right of centre.
N (REAR) ELEVATION: round-arched stair window centred at 1st floor, windows at ground and 1st floors in flanking bays; harled rubble service wing advanced at ground.
E ELEVATION: single window centre at 1st floor.
Some timber sash and case windows surviving; plate glass to principal front, 4 and 6-pane to side and rear elevations and service wing. Purple-grey slate piended platform roof with profiled cast-iron gutter to principal elevation; decorative cast-iron brattishing with wrought-iron finials at corners. Stugged sandstone wallhead stacks centring side elevations; corniced with octagonal and circular cans.
INTERIOR: internal fitting surviving include 4-panel doors, panelled shutters and plaster cornices. Timber staircase with decorative cast-iron balusters and timber handrail. Stained glass stair window bearing date 1872.
BOUNDARY WALLS: random rubble walls, stugged and droved ashlar gatepiers with bases and cavetto-moulded caps with urns centring house to S; flanking quadrant walls with saddleback cope, terminated to E by cement-rendered and lined pier.
PUMP: cast-iron pump (to W of house) on stugged ashlar plinth by George Smith & Co of Sun Foundry Glasgow.