H and D Barclay, 1891-92. Squat T-plan gothic church with tall 3-stage entrance tower at centre. Stugged squared and snecked red sandstone, bull-faced margins and dressings. Base course; hoodmoulds; diagonal, clasping buttresses; bracketted eaves cornice.
W ELEVATION: 3-bay entrance; entrance tower advanced at centre of gable with stylised crowsteps. TOWER: 3-stage; string courses; stepped crenellated parapet, waterspouts. Broad 3-centred arched door at ground, paired doors; blind tracery in arch-head; stepped hoodmould with crocketted detail; diagonal buttresses; lancet above. Paired pointed arch louvred windows, shared mullion, hoodmoulds. Flanking symmetrical bays of gable, blind pointed arch windows; diagonal clasping buttresses with tall crocketted finials.
N ELEVATION: 4-bay nave with transept advanced to outer left bay.
4 broad 3-centred arch windows, each of 4 cusped lights, hoodmoulds, buttress at centre crowstepped gable. Transept to left, large 3-centre arched window, Perpendicular tracery; 3-centre arched door to outer left; 3-centre arched door to left of right return, window to right; blocked window on left return. Gabled block in re-entrant angle between chancel and transept to outer left; bipartite window at centre, small door to right.
S ELEVATION: 4-bay nave with crowstepped gabled transept to outer right with large 3-centre arched window. Mirror of N elevation.
E ELEVATION: lower gabled chancel; large 3-centre arched Perpendicular window at centre. Vestry and storage blocks in flanking re-entrant angles; both with bipartite windows in gable, doors to right and left respectively.
Leaded diamond-pane windows. Artificial slate roof, corbelled skewputts on transepts. Sawtooth coping to skews on chancel.
INTERIOR: original cruciform plan with altar at E end; modern alterations including change of orientation, altar now located in S transept with organ located in E transept. Former nave now blocked at chancel arch to form hall, original W tower entrance no longer used for church; entrance through N transept, glazed screen at N end. Open timber roof, interior plaster removed, now rubble; stained glass.