Circa 1785, recently refurbished. 2-storey over raised basement, 3-bay, rectangular-plan house. Rubble with droved sandstone margins and dressings. Band course; eaves band and cornice; base course; quoins.
SW (MAIN) ELEVATION: 3 bays symmetrically disposed; ashlar steps oversailing basement recess with modern cast-iron railing to columned and entablatured porch at 1st floor; 6-panelled 2-leaf door, plate glass letterbox fanlight. Windows symmetrically disposed in flanking bays, basement and upper floor. Later canted, slate-hung dormers to outer right and left.
NE (REAR) ELEVATION: 3 bays with lower L-plan kitchen wing and lean-to scullery reached via bridge over basement recess. Large round-headed stair window at centre, gable breaking eaves over with ashlar coping to skews and scrolled skewputts; flanking smaller windows. Blind window at ground outer left; L-plan service block to outer right; advanced piend-roofed block to outer right, window at centre; lean to block at left, piend-roofed dormerheaded door breaking eaves above door; window on left return.
SE ELEVATION: broad gable, blank basement; windows symmetrically disposed; blind windows at upper floor, originally painted as 12-pane sash and case windows.
NW ELEVATION: gable, window at basement outer left, windows symmetrically disposed; windows at upper floor blind, originally painted as 12-pane sash and case windows. Lower kitchen block to outer left, 6-panelled door at ground inner right; window above with lean-to roof-line above; bipartite window at ground outer left; stair to basement level; plain cast-iron railings.
12-pane timber sash and case windows; Y-tracery 12-pane sash and case stair window. Grey slate roof, lead flashings; rendered and coped apex and ridge stacks.
INTERIOR: not seen 1994.