John Kinross, 1897. Scottish Baronial group of abacking engine/power house and fire station at right angles, adjoined to N of main steading. Rake jointed rubble and ashlar dressings. Roll-moulded surrounds.
ENGINE HOUSE: 3 by 3-bay block. E elevation with 3 large windows, those to centre and right under crowstepped gable, that at centre with open semicircular pediment, that to left with set in jettied wallplane on corbel course. N elevation with door to outer right and 3 grilles at wallhead. Adjoined to right by fire station. Square section, decorative timber lantern-ventilator to ridge with pilasters dividing and flanking 2 round-headed louvred openings to each face; ogeed slate roof with leaded ball finial.
STALK: tapering, polygonal, yellow brick stalk with cornice and coping, set on tall ashlar and brick pedestal, sited at SE of power house.
FIRE STATION: principal elevation to W with gable to outer left figuring large, 2-leaf doorway off-centre right with broken segmental pediment cradling oval window; blank bay to left-of centre and 2 large square machinery doorways to centre and right, each with fleur-de-lys carved panel at centre of lintel. boarded doors, those to left part glazed and pedestrian: window to outer right, under wallhead stepped up in ashlar to main steading.
N elevation with 3 high set windows in high-relief surrounds, breaking eaves in curvilinear dormerheads each with carved fleuron in dormerhead.
Timber, small-pane sash and case windows. Graded grey/green slates; ashlar ridge. Crowstepped gables.
INTERIOR OF FIRE STATION: walls with enamel glazed bricks to wainscot height with cornice above; wallhead cornice studded with floreate plaster squares; contemporary brass lantern.
INTERIOR OF POWER STATION: marble floor, latterly used for recreation, post 1934.
GATEPIERS: ashlar sandstone gatepiers to E, corniced, bearing substantial ashlar pyramids on ball feet. Pal stones nearby.