Sir R Rowand Anderson, 1875-8.
Early Pointed, cruciform with lean-to narthex at W gable and
fleche at crossing, rubble-built, brick-lined interior. Nave
of 5 bays with piers alternately round and octagonal carrying
round arches; clerestory; waggon roof; aisleless choir with
side chapel, partly modified internally by Sir R S Lorimer.
Good furnishings, iron choir screen, pulpit marble octagon
with coloured shafts and quatrefoils on quatrefoil-plan
stone base; brass eagle lectern; late gothic gilt altar piece
with sculpture of the nativity; marble Romanesque font; some
good stained glass, several by Margaret Chilton c.1951.