W D McLennan, architect, 1900/01 Art Nouveau. 4 storey and
attic tenement with public house at ground floor. Entry to
upper floors with unusual arch and sidelights flanked by
wide segmental arches filled with glazed bricks, dark wood
and stained glass. Canted windows to outer bays of 1st
floor, rising to 3rd on right with wide eaves; rising to
2nd on left with quadripartite to 3rd and bipartite to
attic, both recessed in round arch with shaped gable over.
Inner bays asymmetrical with bipartites each floor left
bay and bowed ones in right capped by conical slated turret.
Corbelled stack to centre. Fine projecting sign on brackets.
2 iron brackets over right ground floor bay.
Interior of public house preserves original Art Nouveau
fittings in dark wood and white painted woodwork;
tiled fireplace; counter and gantry; glazed partitions some
forming separate enclosures.