W D McLennan, architect, 1907. Art nouveau interpretation
of perpendicular Gothic. Nave and aisles with halls and
offices attached at rear (west). Snecked and stugged
ashlar with polished dressings. 7-light traceried window
to east front above low mullioned windows, flanked by
the bold buttresses rising to clasp gables. Curved porch
on south with door facing south and quadrant to north in
re-entrant angle between nave and gables main porch with
tiny angle turret. Segmentally arched doors. North elevation
variously gabled with bold transept projecting similarly
detailed to east window. Additional window to west similarly
detailed set in very low gable with flattened segmentally
arched bay between with recessed door and windows. 6-bay
north elevation with end bays of aisle curved that to east
with door and that to west angle turret. Between are 3-light
mullioned windows. 4 light painted arch clerestory windows
except to blind east bay. Buttressses rise through eaves
to form pinnacles. South chancel wall blind above single-
storey vestry which has door with segmentally-arched hood
breaking through eaves. Slate roofs to church and half
interior has 4-centred arches to aisles with clerestory to
south. Galleried aisleless bay to east. Chancel arch
flanked by 2 pointed arches that to left blind. Organ
housed in side arch of chancel. Gallery to north transept.
Complex queen post and collar beam roof. Outstanding
furnishings mostly designed by McLennan, including organ
case, font and pulpit. Very fine stalls. Windows have small
patterns of coloured glass except for stained west window.
Vestry has fine tiled fireplace and built in cupboards.
Boundary railings and notice board also by McLennan.